Effective Date: July 26, 2017
1. Acceptance of Terms. This Site is made available to legal residents of the United States who are age 18 or older. This Site is only suitable, intended, and available for Entrepreneurs (defined below) and accredited investors who are members of the Company (“Members”) and familiar with, and willing to, accept the risks associated with private investments. Neither Company nor the hosting service for the CHAPS Member portal endorses any of the opportunities that appear on this Site, nor do Company and/or Dealum make any recommendations regarding the appropriateness of particular opportunities for any users. Each user must review and evaluate the opportunities at such user’s own discretion and determine the suitability of entering into any transaction. Please read these Terms carefully. Your use of the Site constitutes your agreement to these Terms.
2. Modifications to the Site and Terms. The Site is made available by the Company and the Company’s technology provider, Dealum, subject to this Agreement. We reserve the right to update or make changes to this Agreement from time to time in our sole discretion, which changes we may provide to you by any reasonable means, including without limitation, by posting the revised version of this Agreement on the Site. You can determine when this Agreement was last revised by referring to the “EFFECTIVE DATE” legend at the top of this Agreement. In addition, we reserve the right, at any time and from time to time, temporarily or permanently, in whole or in part, to: modify or discontinue the Site, with or without notice; charge fees in connection with the use of the Site; modify and/or waive any fees charged in connection with the Site; and/or offer opportunities to some or all users of the Site. You agree that neither we nor any of our affiliates (collectively, “Affiliated Entities”), nor Dealum, shall be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension, or discontinuance of the Site, in whole or in part, or of any Service, content, feature or product offered through the Site. Your continued use of the Site after such changes will indicate your acceptance of such changes.
3. Jurisdictional Issues. The Site is not intended to subject us to non-U.S. jurisdiction or laws, except as otherwise expressly stated in this Agreement. The Site may not be appropriate or available for use in some jurisdictions. The Company and Dealum do not represent or warrant that the Site or any part thereof is appropriate or available for use in any particular jurisdiction other than the United States. In choosing to access the Site, you do so on your own initiative and at your own risk, and you are responsible for complying with all local laws, rules, and regulations. You are also subject to United States export controls and are responsible for any violations of such controls, including any United States embargoes or other federal rules and regulations restricting exports. We may limit the Site's availability, in whole or in part, to any person, geographic area, or jurisdiction we choose, at any time and at our sole discretion.
4. Description of the Services. We provide entrepreneurs who register with the Company (“Entrepreneurs”) and use the Site with the ability to apply for Company’s evaluation and to submit business information for these and related purposes. In addition to the information submitted by Entrepreneurs, the Company and its Members may prepare due diligence materials regarding Entrepreneurs and their businesses. Information submitted by an Entrepreneur and due diligence materials prepared by Company and its Members is collectively referred to as “Entrepreneur Information”. Entrepreneur Information becomes the property of the Company, and is generally shared with Members, the Company, advised investment funds, and, from time to time, other angel networks, investors, and funds. We provide Members with access to certain content, services, and functionality as described in the Membership Agreement. Entrepreneur and Member services are collectively referred to as the "Services").
6. Rules of Conduct. While using the Site you will comply with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations. In addition, we expect users of the Site to respect the rights and dignity of others. Your use of the Site is conditioned on your full compliance with these Terms including, without limitation, the rules of conduct set forth in this section; your failure to comply with such rules may result in the termination of your access to the Site pursuant to Section 19 below. You agree that you will not:Use the Site and/or the Services for any fraudulent or unlawful purpose.Use the Site for the benefit of other persons or for purposes other than the uses permitted by the Entrepreneur registration terms or the Membership Agreement, as applicable.Use the Site to defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights of others, including without limitation others' privacy rights or rights of publicity, or harvest or collect personally identifiable information about other users of the Site.Impersonate any person or entity, including without limitation any representative of the Company; falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity in connection with the Site; or express or imply that we endorse any statement you make.Interfere with or disrupt the operation of the Site or the servers or networks used to make the Site available; or violate any requirements, procedures, policies, or regulations of such networks.Restrict or inhibit any other person from using the Site (including, without limitation, by hacking or defacing any portion of the Site).Reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or otherwise exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion of, use of, or access to the Site, the Services, or information contained within the Site and Services, except as otherwise specifically permitted by Company.Modify, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any portion of the Site.Remove any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notice from the Site or materials obtained from the Site.Frame or mirror any part of the Site without the Company’s express prior written consent.Create a database by systematically downloading and storing Site content.Access the Site or any other person’s account without authorization including, but not limited to, misuse of Logins or other information.Use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other manual or automatic device to retrieve, index, "scrape," "data mine" or in any way gather Site content or reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Site without Company’s express prior written consent.Use the Site to advertise or offer to sell or buy any goods or services without the Company's express prior written consent.Post, transmit, or otherwise make available, through or in connection with the Site:Any material that would give rise to criminal or civil liability including, but not limited to, under applicable securities laws, laws governing computer fraud and abuse or in contravention of other regulations or private contracts;Any material that encourages conduct that constitutes a criminal offense; or that encourages or provides instructional information about illegal activities or activities such as "hacking," "cracking," “phishing” or "phreaking."Any virus, worm, Trojan horse, Easter egg, time bomb, spyware, or other computer code, file, or program that is harmful or invasive or may, or is intended to damage or hijack the operation of, or to monitor the use of, any hardware, software or equipment.Any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional material, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letter," "pyramid scheme", investment opportunity, or any other form of solicitation.Anything that is or may be (a) threatening, harassing, degrading, hateful or intimidating; (b) defamatory; (c) fraudulent or tortuous; (d) obscene, indecent, pornographic, or otherwise objectionable; or (e) protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret, right of publicity or other proprietary rights without the express prior consent of the owner of such right.
8. Entrepreneur Registration. Entrepreneurs are required to register with the Company in order to use the Services provided through the Site. During registration, Entrepreneurs may be asked to provide the following information: full name, business name, mailing address, email address, telephone number(s), business summary and data, and other biographical and professional information. Entrepreneurs will also be asked to create a unique username and password (collectively, “Entrepreneur Login”). When an Entrepreneur registers with the Site, an account will also be created with Dealum.com for the purpose of sharing the Entrepreneur’s Information with other accredited investors.
9. Login Use. Member Login and Entrepreneur Login are collectively referred to as “Login”. Your Login is for your personal use only, and not for use by or on behalf of any other person. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any Login you may use to access the Site and agree not to transfer your Login, or lend or otherwise transfer your use of or access to the Site, to any third party. You are fully responsible for all interaction with the Site that occurs in connection with your Login. You agree to immediately notify the Company of any unauthorized use of your Login or any other breach of security related to your account or the Site, and to ensure that you “log off”/exit from your account with the Site (if applicable) at the end of each session. We are not liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with any of the foregoing obligations.
10. User Generated and Third Party Links and Information. The Site permits Entrepreneurs and Members to upload and post data and materials to the Site. Entrepreneur-provided and Member-provided data and materials are posted for informational purposes only and are not independently verified by Company and/or Dealum. Therefore, your reliance on such information is at your own risk. In addition, the Site may provide links to other websites and online resources. Because Company and Dealum have no control over user-generated content and/or other third-party sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that Company, the Affiliated Entities, and Dealum and their respective employees, limited liability company members, officers, directors, shareholders, affiliates, agents, representatives, licensors, suppliers and service providers (collectively, the “Released Parties'') are not responsible for the accuracy or availability of such user-generated data and materials and/or external sites or resources, and the Released Parties neither endorse nor are responsible or liable for any user-generated content that appears on the Site or content, advertising, products or other materials on or available through third-party sites or resources. Other websites may provide links to the Site with or without our authorization. You acknowledge and agree that the Released Parties do not endorse such third-party sites, and are not and shall not be responsible or liable for any links from those sites to the Site, any content, advertising, products, or other materials available on or through such other sites, or any loss or damages incurred in connection therewith.YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THIRD-PARTY (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION ENTREPRENEUR AND/OR MEMBER-PROVIDED) WEBSITES AND RESOURCES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, YOUR USE OF ANY CONTENT, INFORMATION, DATA, ADVERTISING, PRODUCTS, OR OTHER MATERIALS ON OR AVAILABLE THROUGH SUCH WEB SITES AND RESOURCES, IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND IS SUBJECT TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE APPLICABLE TO SUCH SITES AND RESOURCES. THE THIRD-PARTY CONTENT IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS-IS'' BASIS.Company shall have the right, at any time and in its sole discretion, to block links to the Site through technological or other means without prior notice.
11. Timeliness of content. All content on the Site is presented only as of the date published or indicated and may be superseded by subsequent market events or for other reasons. In addition, you are responsible for setting the cache settings on your browser to ensure you are receiving the most recent data.
12. Accuracy of Information. We attempt to ensure that the information that we provide on this Site is complete, accurate, and current. Despite our efforts, the information on this Site may occasionally be inaccurate, incomplete, or out of date. We make no representation as to the completeness, accuracy, or correctness of any information on this Site.
13. Company's Proprietary Rights. The information and materials made available through the Site, are and shall remain the property of the Company and its licensors, including Dealum, and suppliers, and are protected by copyright, trademark, patent, and/or other proprietary rights and laws. Subject to your compliance with this Agreement, and solely for so long as you are permitted by the Company to access and use the Site, you may view one (1) copy of any content on the Site to which we provide you access hereunder on any single computer solely for your personal use, provided that you keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices. Except as expressly authorized in advance by the Company in writing, you agree not to reproduce, modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute, or create derivative works based (whether in whole or in part) on, all or any part of the Site or any materials made available through the Site. Trade names, trademarks, and service marks of the Company include without limitation, the Company, and any associated logos. All trademarks and service marks on the Site not owned by Company are the property of their respective owners. The trade names, trademarks, and service marks owned by Company, whether registered or unregistered, may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not ours, in any manner that is likely to cause confusion. Nothing contained on the Site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any license or right to use any of Company’s trade names, trademarks or service marks without our express prior written consent.
14. Securities Products; No Professional Advice. None of the information contained in the Site constitutes a recommendation, solicitation, or offer by the Released Parties to buy or sell any securities, futures, options, or other financial instruments or other assets or provide any investment advice or service. The information contained in the Site has been prepared without reference to any particular Member’s or Entrepreneur’s investment requirements or financial situation. The information and services provided in the Site are not provided to and may not be used by any person or entity in any jurisdiction where the provision or use thereof would be contrary to applicable laws, rules, or regulations of any governmental authority or regulatory or self-regulatory organization or clearing organization or where the Released Parties are not authorized to provide such information or services. Some products and services described on the Site may not be available in all jurisdictions or to all users.
15. DISCLAIMERS. The Site, the Services, and all content, services, and features available through the Site and Services are intended for informational purposes only. They are not intended to substitute for professional investment, financial or legal advice. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU ARE NOT RELYING ON THE RELEASED PARTIES IN MAKING AN INVESTMENT DECISION. ALWAYS CONSIDER SEEKING THE ADVICE OF A QUALIFIED PROFESSIONAL BEFORE MAKING DECISIONS REGARDING YOUR BUSINESS AND/OR INVESTMENTS. THE RELEASED PARTIES DO NOT ENDORSE ANY ENTREPRENEUR AND SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE IN ANY WAY FOR ANY TRANSACTIONS YOU ENTER INTO WITH OTHER USERS. YOU AGREE THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY SORT INCURRED AS THE RESULT OF ANY INTERACTIONS BETWEEN YOU AND OTHER USERS.THE SITE IS PROVIDED TO YOU “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY. YOU AGREE THAT YOU MUST EVALUATE AND THAT YOU BEAR ALL RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH, THE USE OF THE SITE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY RELIANCE ON THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, OR USEFULNESS OF ANY MATERIALS AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE. THE RELEASED PARTIES DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE SITE INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE WARRANTIES OF NONINFRINGEMENT, AND TITLE.
16. Limitation of Liability. THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHER THEORY INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLES, OR LOSS OF SECURITY OF INFORMATION YOU HAVE PROVIDED, arising out of or relating to YOUR USE OF THE SITE and/OR THE services (including, without limitation, your interaction with other users and any transactions you enter into with other users or otherwise through the site and services), EVEN IF ADVISED IN ADVANCE OF SUCH DAMAGES OR LOSSES. IN PARTICULAR, AND WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE OR FROM ANY CONTENT POSTED ON THE SITE BY Company OR ANY THIRD PARTY. YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE SITE IS TO STOP USING THE SITE. THE MAXIMUM LIABILITY OF Company FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, AND CAUSES OF ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, SHALL BE THE TOTAL AMOUNT, IF ANY, PAID BY YOU TO Company TO ACCESS AND USE THE SITE. OR $100 WHICHEVER IS LESS. applicable law may not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability or incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. in such cases, the released parties’ total liability will be limited to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law. These limitations of liability and damages also apply with respect to damages incurred by you by reason of any products or services sold or provided on any linked sites or otherwise by third parties other than the released parties and received through the services or any linked sites. You acknowledge and agree that the released parties have offered the site and the services and entered into this agreement in reliance upon the warranty disclaimers and the limitations of liability set forth herein, that the warranty disclaimers and the limitations of liability set forth herein reflect a reasonable and fair allocation of risk between you and the released parties, and that the disclaimers and the limitations of liability set forth herein form an essential basis of the bargain between you and the released parties. You acknowledge that the released parties would not be able to provide the site and the services to you on an economically reasonable basis without these limitations.
17. Security. While we try to maintain the integrity and security of the Site and the servers from which the Site is operated, we do not guarantee that the Site will be or remain secure, complete, or correct, or that access to the Site will be uninterrupted. The Site may include inaccuracies, errors, and materials that violate or conflict with this Agreement. Additionally, third parties may make unauthorized alterations to the Site. If you become aware of any unauthorized third-party alteration to the Site, contact us via the Support tab within the site footer with a description of the material(s) at issue and the URL or location on the Site where such material(s) appear.
18. Indemnity. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties, from and against all claims, losses, costs, and expenses (including attorney’s fees) arising out of (a) your use of, or activities in connection with, the Site; or (b) any violation of this Agreement by you.
19. Termination. This Agreement is effective until terminated. The company, in its sole discretion, may terminate your access to or use of the Site, at any time and for any reason, including if the Company believes that you have violated or acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of this Agreement. Upon any such termination, your right to use the Site will immediately cease. You agree that any termination of your access to or use of the Site may be effected without prior notice and that Company may immediately deactivate or delete your Login and all related information and files associated with it, and/or bar any further access to such information or files. You agree that Released Parties shall not be liable to you or any third party for any termination of your access to the Site or to any such information or files, and shall not be required to make such information or files available to you after any such termination. Sections 3, 10, 13, 15, 16, 18, and 20 and those other Sections that by their nature are intended to survive termination shall survive any expiration or termination of this Agreement.
20. Governing Law; Arbitration. This Agreement is governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of SOUTH CAROLINA, U.S.A., without regard to its principles of conflicts of law. THIS SECTION PROVIDES FOR THE RESOLUTION OF DISPUTES THROUGH FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION BEFORE A NEUTRAL ARBITRATOR INSTEAD OF IN A COURT BY A JUDGE OR JURY. All disputes arising under or relating to these Terms shall be settled by arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association under its Commercial Arbitration Rules, as amended by the terms and conditions of these Terms. To the extent that the arbitrator deems reasonable, the arbitrator shall conduct hearings, if any, by teleconference or videoconference, rather than by personal appearances. Any in-person appearances requested by the arbitrator shall be held in the State of South Carolina. The arbitrator's decision shall be based upon the substantive laws of the State of South Carolina without regard to its principles of conflicts of law. Arbitration proceedings shall be conducted in English and shall be conducted in a manner that preserves confidentiality. The arbitrator's decision shall follow the plain meaning of the relevant documents and shall be final and binding. The award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be confirmed and enforced in any court having jurisdiction thereof. Notwithstanding any of the foregoing, nothing herein shall preclude the Company from seeking any injunctive relief or other provisional remedies in U.S. state or federal courts for the protection of its intellectual property rights (including the rights of its licensors), and you agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in New York, New York, and waive any jurisdictional, venue or inconvenient forum objections to such courts.
21. Contact Us. If you have any questions regarding the meaning of the application of this Agreement, please direct such questions to the contact information within the Support tab on the site footer. Please note that e-mail communications will not necessarily be secure.
22. Claims of Copyright Infringement. The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the “DMCA”) provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under U.S. copyright law. If you believe in good faith that materials available on the Site infringe your copyright, you (or your agent) may send Company a notice requesting that the Company remove the material or block access to it. If you believe in good faith that someone has wrongly filed a notice of copyright infringement against you, the DMCA permits you to send Company a counter-notice. Notices and counter-notices must meet the then-current statutory requirements imposed by the DMCA. See http://www.copyright.gov/ for details. Notices and counter-notices should be sent to the Company via the Support tab within the site footer. We suggest that you consult your legal advisor before filing a notice or counter-notice.
23. Data Retention We will retain your personal data only for as long as it is required for the purposes it was collected. This period may extend beyond the end of your relationship with us, but it will be only for so long as it is reasonably necessary for us to have sufficient information to respond to any issues that may arise after the end of your relationship with us. When your personal information is no longer required, we will destroy, delete or convert it into an anonymous form.As a general rule, Company will keep your personal information for as long as your profile is active. If you delete your profile, we keep your data for the limitation period (3 years by default) of possible claims. If you have not logged into your profile for 1 year, your profile is considered to be inactive; however, your personal data will be retained for the maximal limitation period of 10 years beginning from your last login. If you use your account again during that period, it will be reactivated (considered active again).Please note that by derogation from the previous your data may be retained longer if other users of the Dealum’s Services have the right to process your data. The data will be retained as long as the other user continues using Dealum’s Services. Your communication on the Website, including any information you have provided to other users in course of private or group conversations, investment negotiations, investment syndicate, or via other means available on the Website, shall remain accessible to such users as long as their user account is not deleted. For example, if an Investor uses the Services to manage his/her portfolio, the Investor has the right to process your data and as long as the Investor uses Dealum for these purposes, Dealum will retain all the relevant data.The information contained in the accounting records will be retained for seven years in accordance with the law.Credit card information is stored on certified credit card service provider servers. We do not retain any credit card information on our servers.If the data is transferred to a third country, we implement appropriate safeguards and means depending on the circumstances of each transfer (e.g. the standard data protection clauses adopted by the European Commission; the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework: https://www.privacyshield.gov/welcome, etc.). We will use technical and organizational measures to safeguard your personal data.
24. Your Rights as a Data Subject You may at any time request to see, update, or remove the profile information you have posted on the Website. However, please note that certain Services cannot be provided after you wish to remove your profile information.You always have the opportunity to opt out of receiving promotional communications at any time by following the instructions in those communications. If you opt-out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as technical notices, support or administrative notifications, or information about your account.You have the right to receive information about the personal data processed by Dealum, including the categories of data processed, the sources of the data, the purposes of the processing, etc. You are also entitled to receive copies and extracts of the personal data processed. You have the right to request the correction or updating of data if it turns out that the personal data being processed is inaccurate.You have the right to object to processing, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time processing of personal data concerning you if such processing is only necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Dealum.You have the right to obtain from Dealum restriction of processing or the erasure of your personal data. Dealum will erase your data or implement other measures that result in the data becoming permanently anonymous if:your personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed;you withdraw the consent on which the processing is based and there is no other legal ground for the processing;you object to the processing and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing;your personal data have been unlawfully processed;your personal data have to be erased for compliance with a legal obligation to which Dealum is subject.Dealum will fulfill your request within a reasonable time, but no later than one month after receiving the request.
30. Relationship of the Parties; Conflicts. This Agreement does not, and shall not be construed to, create any partnership, joint venture, employer-employee, agency, or franchisor-franchisee relationship between you and Company. In the event of a conflict between the terms of the Membership Agreement and this Agreement, the terms of the Membership Agreement executed by you (if any) will apply.
31. Miscellaneous. If any provision of this Agreement is found to be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, that provision will be deemed severable from this Agreement and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provision. You may not assign, transfer, or sublicense any or all of your rights or obligations under this Agreement without our express prior written consent. We may assign, transfer or sublicense any or all of our rights or obligations under this Agreement without restriction. No waiver by either party of any breach or default hereunder will be deemed to be a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach or default. Any heading, caption, or section title contained herein is inserted only as a matter of convenience, and in no way defines or explains any section or provision hereof. Notices to you may be made via posting to the Site, by e-mail, or by regular mail, at the Company's discretion. The Site may also provide notices of changes to this Agreement or other matters by displaying such notices or by providing links to such notices. Without limitation, you agree that a printed version of this Agreement and of any notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to this Agreement to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form. The Company will not be responsible for failures to fulfill any obligations due to causes beyond its control.
Any questions, concerns, or complaints regarding these Terms should be sent to Will Cruz c/o email@example.com© 2023 Charleston Angel Partners, Inc. unless otherwise noted. All rights reserved.