From Idea to Impact
Founded in 2004, Charleston Angel Partners is the area’s longest-tenured and most established angel investment group. The top priority of Charleston Angel Partners is to make investing simple and profitable for both our member investors and for our entrepreneurs. We believe a transparent investment process for all parties is an important part of our organization. We believe that meaningful economic impact happens when great people support great ideas. Investing in innovation will accelerate Charleston, and the Southeast, into the future, creating an environment of aspiration, excitement, and prosperity.
Interested in Investing?
- Diversify your investment portfolio with high risk and high reward investments, tempered by experienced group leadership and a thorough due diligence process
- Take advantage of the lessons learned from 13 years of experience and over $8,000,000 worth of angel investment deals to date
- Leverage the diverse backgrounds and skill sets of peer members when performing due diligence on investment opportunities
- Exposure to investment opportunities from all over the Southeast, not exclusively Charleston-based companies
- Take advantage of our private online member portal, this members only benefit affords you in-depth access to our database where you may review our dealflow, pipeline, and current pitch applicants so you may stay up to date on the companies we review
Our Investment Process
After a prospective company applies to present to Charleston Angel Partners, we conduct an initial screening and analysis of their initial submitted documentation
If a company meets our internal criteria they are invited to either a meeting or conference call with one of our team members
Following this initial meeting or call the company may be invited to pitch before the group
Companies may be asked to allow us to track them for several months prior to a pitch
Following a 15 minute presentation before the membership the presenter will be asked to step outside of the room while the membership decides whether to have the company proceed to due diligence
Companies at this point may be asked to meet certain milestones before proceeding to due diligence
the Charleston Angel Partners team and a selection of members with relevant skillsets will form a due diligence team and review the company's complete due diligence submission
During this process, founders and/or managing executives will be asked to engage in one or more calls and/or meetings to review the due diligence team's findings.
Once due diligence comes to a close, the company is asked to return for a final question and answer session with the group
When a final decision is rendered, members typically have one week to commit to the amount that they are interested in investing
Lastly, the aggregated investment is wired from Charleston Angel Partners to the new portfolio company
Interested in Pitching?
Exposure to the largest angel group in Charleston and the significant business experience held by the group
Clear communication and information sharing through a transparent process
Proven ability to raise substantial capital for appropriate investments
Professional and cordial team members who will work with you through every step of our investment process
Apply to pitch with us and we will get in touch with you as soon as possible